Saturday

Island Fare

I spent the last couple days on the Island visiting my Grandma and other various Sidney/Victoria relatives. It was lovely and relaxing as always, and I had fun catching up with my gma, my aunt Lea, and my cousins Erin and Jeff.  The first night we were there Lea came over for dinner and we babysat Jeff's daughter Catalina- she is SO much fun, and so so bright.  Thursday morning I experienced the most epic grocery shop of my life (3 different locations and nearly 2 and a half hours!), and then my mom and I went into Vic to catch up with Erin and hear all the latest on her upcoming wedding (eeeeeeeee!).

My Thursday outfit was pretty simple, and so my jewelry was too.  I added a little splash of colour to two of my most classic pieces by borrowing from my ever-so-fashionable mother.  Look on and see.

I don't think I can eloquently explain how much I love this pearl earrings from Violette.  Pearls have got to be one of the most versatile stones out there, and I'm so lucky to have this beautiful pair from designer Leah Alexandra.  I can wear these babies with almost anything and always feel super classy and sophisticated when they're gracing my ears.

The lighting on this one is a little off, but I think you can see that I'm wearing my sterling silver heart necklace, on a long silver chain.  Come to think of it- I stole this from my mum too, but its been down in my room for so long that I've started to think of it as my own.  She got it at "The Calgary Gift Show"- how fancy- over 30 years ago.  Some things never go out of style.

And finally, my splash of colour:


This is a recent mom-theft, and its a recent addition to her own collection.  Don't know exactly where this bracelet came from, since it was a gift that my bestie Lisa gave my mum at Christmas. So its from somewhere in Kingston.  That's all I can give you.  In this pic I'm also sporting some new nail polish I got down in the states at the beginning of this week.  "Aquamarine" and "Frenzy" from Sinful Colour.

Enjoy your weekends, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment