Saturday

Bold as Brass

I had a fabulous night out tonight with my girls Kirstin and Taylor.  Tay has been up in Whistler working at the four seasons for the past year, and its been that long since we've all hung out (ridiculous!).

We went out for dinner and a movie, catching up, having laughs, and discussing to what lengths one would go to secure discounted Jimmy Choo's.

"Tay, can you just lie about it for Dan? You're hurting her feminism."

I was channelling my bad ass self tonight, donning my combat-esque boots and pairing them up with my gold studded black v-neck top and metallic jacket, and topping them off with a pair of brassy gold earrings.

Whenever I wear said teeshirt I almost ALWAYS wear these earrings with it. Now, I gave fair warning of the Violette trend, and yes, this pair is another owing thanks to my cousin's boutique.  And in fact this pair is owed specifically to my cousin and aunt's impeccable taste in jewelry, as these brass wonders were one of the first of the always-highly-anticipated "Violette-presents" as they've come to be known in our Spencer family circle.

Erin, if you're reading this, help me out....Frug again?  Jeez, I'll have to start paying more attention to what jewels I'm flaunting in the next few days, lest I appear a complete and exclusive designer whore!

My brassy staples have the simple but effective detailing of a raised second oval with little ridges in it.  And I'll say it again, they make me feel totally bad ass.  Whilst BBMing today (whilst both at work), Kirstin and I discussed the matter of kissing boys with lip rings, and I totally credit my earrings for inspiring such a topic.

when i put on my combat boots and jacket made of leather/no one does it better- i look totally bad ass/ now i wanna kiss a boy with a lip ring/before he finds out that i'm totally faking/that i never break the rules/that i got straight A's in school/that my best friend is my mom/and that i've never smoked pot.


After our catch-up dinner at WhiteSpot, the girls and I headed to the good old White Rock Caprice to catch the late show of Julianne Hough's remake of Footloose.  I ADORED it!!! The dancing was incredible, the guy who played Willard was hilarious, and the 21st century set story had some really clever nods to the original.  

Go and see it, and look out for this great dialogue:

Chuck: "I thought only fags did gymnastics."
Ren: "I thought only assholes still used the word 'fag'."

Many thanks to Kirst and Tay for a wonderful night- I'd missed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment