Tuesday

My Everyday Essentials

Jenn's been on my case for not posting often enough on here, so I've decided to do a little mini series on my "everyday" accesories.

To start things off- my daith piercing.




I'd be lost without it! I got this piercing done on my first day of 2nd year uni, somewhat on a whim, with my buddy Alex.  We went to Adrenaline downtown, which is also where I got two of my other "everyday's". (More on that in a moment).  My ears are funny little things.  For one, I have little dents on my lobes that look like I have my ears double-pierced (but I don't).  My second ear-oddity inspired my second piercing.  The exact place that I have my daith pierced, I was born with an enlarged pore. When I got it pierced, the artist at adrenaline didn't even need to make a mark- he just stuck the pin right through the hole that was pretty much already there!  

My piercing at Adrenaline is sandwiched between 2 tattoos I also had done there.  I consider my tattoos to be very "pretty things" and they are certainly an always-accessory of mine, and so I'm including them in this post as well.


My first tattoo, a set of 16th notes sitting on my right hip, is a mark of my life's passion for music.  It was a Danica/Alex adventure too, with an assist by sir jacob best.










My most recent all-the-time acquirement is a new tattoo (also from Adrenaline) across my ribcage.  It reads -------->
and is from John Keats' "Ode to a Nightingale".  The full line reads:

'Tis not through envy of they happy lot,
But being too happy in thine happiness,
That thou, light-winged Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Of beechen green and shadows numberless,
Singest of Summer in full-throated ease.


This tattoo incorporates 3 of my most favourite things in life:

Music

Literature

and SUMMERS! 

I got it at the tail-end of this summer with Jenna, my friend since grade 2 what what! She got an adorable and poignant tatty on the top of her foot- the single word 'yes'.  So cool.  We commented many times during the day what our grade 2 teacher Ms. Knowlton would have said, had she walked in on Jenna freshly inked, me with my shirt off getting my second, whilst screamo-metal-something blared in the background...

That's all for now folks.  Keep tuned in for a post on my daily ring-bling!


No comments:

Post a Comment